Your browser lacks required capabilities. Please upgrade it or switch to another to continue.
this story has 8 possible endings. can you find the way to the one that gives you a good grade?
BEFORE THE LECTURE
Studying for the quiz begins with the class lectures. This class has interesting content (you chose it for a reason, after all), and while it is taught by highly qualified and very smart scientists, it turns out learning how to be a scientist is slightly different than learning how to be a teacher. The lectures are pretty much unengaging, even though you know in your heart your lecturers have the best intention. This isn't the first week of class though - your energy and motivation is running low. Will you go to class?
1. I'm [[going to class]]. I'm not a savage, I paid for this education and I intend to absorb every single minute of it!
2. I'm [[skipping class]]. It's a waste of time to sit through a boring lecture - and there's no guarantee sitting through it will make me learn more. I can watch the web lectures later, after all.
GOING TO CLASS
You woke up early and got to class, and the lecture's about to start. Will you take notes?
1. I'm [[taking detailed notes on everything|Studying with hella notes]], I want to write as much as I can both about what is on screen and what is being said.
2. I'm [[not taking notes|Studying without notes]]. It's more important to listen to what the teacher is saying, which I might miss if I am trying to write everything down.
You slept in, ya lazy animal. Now what are you going to do?
1.[[I'll just look at the slides, should be self explanatory|End 6: Sad grade - you never heard something spoken]].
2.[[I'll listen to the weblectures - its just like going to class!|End 7: Sad Grade - Who needs studying?]].
3. [[I'll make it up, I promise! I'll watch the videos, look at the slides - maybe I'll even borrow my friend's notes!|End 2: Sad grade - the quiz makes no sense]]
4. [[I'll wing this. Zero studying. Who cares about one single quiz grade anyway?|End 8: You... passed? wtf?]]STUDYING WITH HELLA NOTES
Your note are good and you're on a roll. For sure if you read through them you will have the important info down to get a great quiz grade. You are invincible. How will you proceed?
1. [[Study with your hella good notes alone.|End 1: Sad grade - you missed something spoken]]
2. [[Study with your notes and the slides|End 1: Sad grade - you missed something spoken]].
3. [[Study with your notes and the weblectures|End 3: Sad grade - you missed something written]]
4. [[Study with your notes, slides, and weblectures|End 2: Sad grade - the quiz makes no sense]]
5. [[Don't study- paying attention as well as you did in class should be enough!|End 7: Sad Grade - Who needs studying?]]
STUDYING WITHOUT NOTES
You heard what the teacher had to say and you absorbed the lectures. Now studying time is upon you, but you have no notes. What will you do?
1. [[I don't need to study, I understood it all!|End 3: Sad grade - you missed something written]].
2. [[I'm going to look at the slides|End 4: Sad grade - you forgot something spoken]].
3. [[I'm going to listen to the videolectures|End 5: Sad grade - you forgot something written]].
4. [[I'm going to look at the slides and rewatch all the video lectures.|End 2: Sad grade - the quiz makes no sense]]
End 1: Sad grade - you missed something spoken
You had hella bomb notes and you may have even gone through the slides - but remember that one thing the teacher stated that wasn't written down in the slides and that you weren't fast enough to write in your notes?
No, you didn't - and that was exactly the problem.
Sorry - try again next week. End 2: Sad grade - the quiz makes no sense
Listen - you woke up early and you went to class, went through the slides AND the video lecture. All that was great. Except you didn't really sleep enough, and even though you'll realize all the right answers later, you were most certainly half asleep through the quiz this week. Low brain power most certainly is not an asset whensome of these questions seem to be in a different language, that's how poorly the questions are written. Why does it feel like someone is trying to trick you into the wrong answers?
Sorry bud, tough cookies. Try again next week. End 3: Sad grade - you missed something written
A sneaky bullet point eluded you during the lecture, and you didn't look at the slides when you reviewed, so really this is all your fault.
Tough cookies. Try again next week. End 4: Sad grade - you forgot something spoken
You listened carefully and you understood - but its not like you were writing down everything the teacher said. So it's only natural you forgot something - even if it made sense to you when you heard it the first time. You don't have super memory or anything.
Sad story. Try again next week.End 5: Sad grade - you forgot something written
You didn't write stuff down and you did listen to the video lectures - but you forgot a number, definition, or formula. It's only natural - we don't remember as well when we don't write things down, even if you did manage to get one anser right that your friends didn't because you listened to the teacher.
Sorry pal. Try again next week.End 6: Sad grade - you never heard something spoken
Well, what did you expect? We all know not everything the teachers say or thing is important gets written down on the slides.
Sorry buddy. Try again next week. End 7: Sad Grade - Who needs studying?
You did, genius.
Seeing a lecture once is not enough to process it, everyone knows that.
End 8: You... passed? wtf?
You lucky sun of a gun. You did absolutely nothing and somehow got a better grade than most of your friends. And guess what - with no answers being shared, they know just as much about what they know/don't know or got right as you did. If you tell them you answered the math question with 69 just for the lolz and still got a higher grade then them they might strangle you, though, so watch out ;)